Dude owned by Tedra Parker
- National English Shepherd Rescue Website includes general breed information, links to online articles on training, information on dogs available for adoption, and more.
- English Shepherd Pedigree Project
Lots of herding information
- American Herding Breed Association
- Herding Working Aussie Source
Comprehensive listing of herding resources available online and in print, as well as information on organizations promoting herding.
- Herding on the Web
Website featuring information on various herding breeds, as well as links to herding clubs throughout the United States and Canada.
- Stockdog Library
Nice collection of articles on training and using stockdogs, posted on the Working Aussie Source website.
- Collies: Back to the Future
Interesting website examining the origins and history of various herding breeds.
- Email Lists discussing English Shepherds:
Recommending email lists is always a bit dicey, as the content varies over time and discussion can sometimes be dominated by a vocal minority. Nevertheless, if read with common sense and a sense of humor (and a willingness to use your "delete" key!), there is a wealth of information that can be gleaned from many lists:
(1) Listserv English Shepherd list -- fairly low volume list, various topics related to breed,
to subscribe, send an email message to listserv directory , leave the subject line blank and in the body of the message type SUB ENGSHEP-L your name here
(2) Yahoogroups -- to subscribe, visit Yahoogroup website and follow directions for signing on; there are several chat groups devoted to conversation about English Shepherds. Each group comes with its own "personality" -- so be prepared to filter what you read according to the bias of the list moderators!
- Therapy Dogs General Information
- Therapy Dogs Delta Society
- Therapy Dogs International
- Therapy Dogs Incorporated
Information on animal-assisted therapy, resources, programs and services.
Website to descriptions and links to agility organizations .
General information and contacts for flyball teams throughout the United States
- Health concerns of early spay/neuter in dogs.
Books of Interest to English Shepherd Owners:
- Working Sheep Dogs by Tully Williams – he has done a LOT of thinking about how different working traits fit together and result in a good working dog.
- The Farmer's Dog by John Holmes. Popular Dogs Publ. Co. Ltd., 3 Fitzroy Square, London, WIP 6JD, U.K.
- Herding Dogs: Progressive Training by Vergil Holland. Howell Book House, 15 Columbus Circle, New York, NY 10023.
- Lessons from a Stock Dog by Bruce Fogt. The Working Border Collie, Inc., 14933 Kirkwood Rd., Sidney, OH 45365.
- Training and Working Dogs For Quiet Confident Control of Stock, by Scott Lithgow, University of Queensland Press, © 1987
- Your Purebred Puppy: A Buyers Guide , © 2000, Michele Welton, Henry Holt and Co. Inc., New York, NY. Pg. 122, One page with a B/W photo, brief but accurate description.
- Howells Book of Dogs by Liz Palika A definitive reference to 200 breeds and varieties. Best general interest or reference book, Dog Writers Association of America 2007, Feature English Shepherd Dylan owned by Rebecca Wingler
- Harper's Illustrated Handbook of Dogs , 1991., Roger Caras (ed.), ISBN 0-06-273164-5, Harper & Row, Publishers, Color plate (#98) of an English Shepherd, pg. 259--nice 1 page breed description. Available in hard cover and paperback. Interesting book with pictures of several of the lesser known UKC breeds.
- The Atlas of Dog Breeds of the World ; 1989, 2 Volumes, Wilcox and Walkowicz, ISBN 0-86622-855-1, T.F.H. Publications, Inc., Pg. 372, 2 color photos with a discription of the breed, Pg. 60 color photo of ES working cattle.
- A Celebration of Rare Breeds , 1986, Cathy Flamholtz, ISBN 0-940269-00-7, OTR Publications, Pages 88 through 91, 3 B/W photos with stories about old time ES people. Fun to read.
- Sheepdog Training, An All Breed Approach , by Mari Taggert. Describes ES's in a brief paragraph as being like "the old Chevy car."